Tuesday, 14 May 2013

M.E. Awareness Week

Hi guys!


 Some of you may have heard of an illness called Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, otherwise known as M.E. It very sadly tends to be overlooked as an illness, mainly because there are no visible sign or symptoms. I'm really no expert, but one of my best friends, Poppy, has had the illness since she was around 10, so it's been something very much in my life for a good while now. (I'm not claiming to know what it's like to have it nor am I claiming to be an expert, but I have seen one of the people I love most in this world have a very serious case of the illness, so I have seen how M.E can affect people first hand.) M.E. needs to be much more accepted

  I'm not going to go into too much depth as I think this is Poppy's story not mine, but all I say is that M.E. has been awful for her to have (although there have been good parts, like all the friends she's made through it!) and for people like me who love her to pieces to watch - at one point last year she was completely bed bound. She's thankfully recovering more and more each day, but M.E. is still something that affects her life hugely.  Before I say any more, I'd love you to look at this video she made last year for M.E. awareness week - it would mean the world if you could share it, 'like' it or tell others what you've learnt from it. 

  Please also bear in mind while watching that Poppy made this whole video while having M.E., which made it even harder for her to make the video - it takes a lot of time and energy, which for M.E. sufferers are very valuable things! Thank you for watching, it means the world to both of us! 





Thanks again, 

Mattie xoxoxox

13 comments:

  1. I'm really glad you did a post like this on M.E. it bothers me so much when people judge others, saying they don't look ill. I myself have an illness called NCS (neurocardiogenic syncope) and it makes life very difficult. I don't feel enough young people who do have invisible illness/visible illness get enough support these days. I hate the way people push aside such things and call a person lazy or a liar about something they have which they can't control. I joined an online community which is for people with my condition and it made me feel so much better. Never feel alone with your illness and ignore the ignorant people. Also congratulations to the winner :D
    Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It bothers me too! I knew Poppy wasn't being attention seeking and I knew she wasn't exaggerating before she was diagnosed but not everyone else saw that! Gosh, it sounds awful, I hate it too:( I'm glad! AYME I've heard is very good for people with M.E., I think it so helps to have that as although I'm her friend and she knows she can talk to me, I'll never fully understand how she feels so it's good to speak to someone who does:-) Thank you so much for your comment, I'm glad you like it:-) xoxox

      Delete
    2. That's ok i have learnt far too many people are narrow minded these days, i'd like to see them cope with a medical problem i really would, she has a good friend in you you're a good person sweetie xxxx

      Delete
    3. Same! Thank you:-) xox

      Delete
  2. Hey guys! I'm having a giveaway on my blog right now, feel free to join =))) Here's the link http://loisbaguio.blogspot.com/2013/05/tolb-x-oasap-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. great giveaway! love your blog hun, followed you on blogger and bloglovin xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! I'll have a look at yours:-) xox

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Mattie, for posting this, and please pass on a personal thank you to Poppy for such a beautiful video. As an ME sufferer myself I understand what an important cause this is. I am very lucky in that I am currently on the 'mild' side of things and so can pretty much live a normal working life (without a social life of course!), but a while back was bed bound, so I understand how truly horrible it can get. I wish Poppy all the best and send all my love and hope she is having more good days than bad at the moment (as I realise how annoying it is when people say 'I hope you get better soon' etc).
    Thank you again for posting
    Carrie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I'm just glad I could help the cause even just a little, and of course! I've facebooked her:-) Yeah, hopefully that should be Poppy very soon. We're actually going to a festival next weekend with her mum which is crazy, so her condition is improving LOADS! I hope you are having more good days than bad as well! xxo

      Delete
  5. I love your blog and I am following you now :)

    www.kosmetyczna-hedonistka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats to the winner!
    your blog is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo