Saturday, 23 November 2013

some disposables for your enjoyment

In June this year, me and my friends Charlotte, Isy, Lydia, Rosie, Elisabeth and Megan went to the New Forest for our Duke of Edinburgh expedition. If you're not from the UK it's basically a scheme to get teenagers involved in the community and doing wholesome activities - you spend 6 months doing either voluntary work, practising a skill (mine was singing in a choir, for example) or taking part in sport and then three months doing the remaining options. You then train for and plan an expedition and go on it, with only maps and compasses for help. We did ours in the New Forest, and being the lazy peep I am, I've only just managed to get my pictures developed! 
They turned out pretty nicely,  so I thought I'd share them with you (but please excuse my fingers in so many of these, I don't know what happened!) 

From top left - Charlotte, me, Megan, Isy, Lydia, Rosie and Elisabeth. 
lydia being a whale 
charlotte the mole



This was such an amazing weekend with amazing people and I miss it, with the exception of the exhaustion, sweatiness and squabbles over map readings haha:) 

Mattie xxx



**all disposables**






2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos! Did you enjoy it? I have to decide this weekend if I want to sign up, any advice? Love lexi xo

    www.lexilikes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I absolutely loved it - the expedition was genuinely one of the best weekends of my life! I say go for it, although make sure you start with the volunteering/skills etc as soon as possible - I still haven't started my volunteering, which is annoying as it'll now clash with exam season so do it all early! xxx

      Delete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo