Sunday, 8 December 2013

facing west

// coat - gap // sweatshirt - my mum got it in australia in the 90s do idek haha // shirt - thifted // leggings - zara // socks - topshop // boots - h&m //

A few weeks ago my family and I went for a very windy walk along what I think is Shoreham beach. My priority was comfort and warmth, but I actually quite like this admittedly simple outfit! 
I've been having an odd mixture of amazing days and absolutely shit ones at the moment - there hasn't been any inbetweens, and I'm not sure whether it is a good thing or bad thing. The good ones have been great - everything's been so Christmassy which I love and I've spent a lot of time with friends, but also a lot of time alone. I've had a bit of an absence of any sort of drive or motivation in my academic work which has left for rather a lot of time for thinking, which is not always a good thing.
 A few times recently something's happened, and I've had way too much time to ponder (that's an understatement) over it. Like, recently I had the sad realisation that someone I care a huge deal about (again, an understatement) could be slipping out of my life, which is not something that I've ever anticipated when it comes to this person. There are too many barriers between us, and too much going on in our lives to keep up with each other. It's sad, and caused many a tear this week. I don't know how to fix it and if I can even fix it.
On another upsetting note, I got the sad news a little while ago that my amazing great-great aunt Olivia had passed away. She was an incredibly inspirational woman, and luckily had a long long life (96 years) and wasn't exactly lazy when it came to life achievements... All I will say is that her obituary was in the Telegraph (!) and I'd really recommend having a look if you're interested. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/10468198/Olivia-Robertson-Obituary.html I feel extremely honoured to have known her and to be able to call her family.
video

 Another sad death is that of Nelson Mandela. He was obviously an incredible man, and I admire him immensely. Last night I went to see my mum in her choir and as their encore, they got the entire 600 strong audience to stand up and join in/dance as they sung Nelson Mandela by the Specials, which was an amazing few minutes. I'm in the teen version on the choir and here's a snippet of us performing the same song at a recent gig,with our sister choir! As the camera pans across I'm the girl on the left wearing a tartan shirt and a skirt.

Anyway, I hope you're all well and are getting excited for Christmas - I can't wait!

I also tried my first ever pop tart today and it was pretty good, even if it does just taste of sugar and dough!

Also I'm seeing the Vaccines on thursday and I'm so. fucking. excited

That's pretty much it from me today, so byeee

 Mattie xxxx

4 comments:

  1. That's so lovely about Nelson Mandela. I have the same sort of thing with sad days, I just don't know what to do with myself! Hope you feel better because it's so close to Christmas Mattie! xo

    www.lexilikes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they suck:( Thank you and you too! Omg I know it's so so close, and luckily Christmas seems to block out anything bad haha, I'm such a child when it comes to anything festive! xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. I used to hate having amazing days mixed with terrible ones but now that they're all the same I sort of miss it.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo