Sunday, 26 January 2014

i give a little, into the moment like i'm standing on the edge

 I bought this skirt recently in the sales and I'm in love with the varsity style patches and the American high schooly vibes that I feel are way too absent in my life. Also, acid wash denim is a new favourite of mine. I actually saw this skirt in the shop and hated it three times before I decided to try it on and fell in love.
 coat - gap
top - primark (classy or what)
skirt - h&m
tights - marks and sparks
boots - h&m

 It's sunday night and as usual I am supposed to be revising, yet I'm not. School is just so urgh at the moment and I just can't wait to leave school and travel. I visited Cambridge uni on Friday with the English department at school which was amazing and for an afternoon I was super motivated to do well but the enthusiasm had gone by the time I got home. One of the guys that gave us a tour was a third year politics student called Ed who was super nice and when I asked him what politics was like to study there (that's what I'm hoping to do, not necessarily at Cambridge though!) he sat me down to answer questions and talk me through the course and work load etc which was something really simple to do but has genuinely helped me so much in deciding which path I want to go down in the next few years. Although it would be incredible to go to Cambridge I'm not sure whether I'd be able to get in, especially as the average student that gets accepted there gets something crazy like 95% in their AS exams in year twelve which seem slightly unattainable to me at the moment.
  Sadly we didn't have time to visit the city centre but we did see parts of it here and there which were mostly stunning - the old college buildings there are incredible. I'd really love to go back sometime and have a proper look around the city with a nice camera!
 Today me and my family went to one of our local pubs and me and my dad both had THE most amazing roast pork lunches (if you've never been to a good ol' English pub for a sunday roast then you are missing out my friend) and we would've gone for a walk but as usual it was tipping it down with rain.
 I also started watching the Carrie Diaries this morning (thank you Lexi for the recommendation! it's so perfect omg) and one episode in I'm already in love with it. Austin Butler is a little *ahem* beautiful to say the least (HE'S STUPIDLY GORGEOUS OMG) and the whole 80s teen thing really appeals to me. I love the actress who plays Carrie Bradshaw (Anna-Sophia Robb, is it? I could just google it but i'm too lazy woops) - when she and Josh Hutcherson were in Bridge to Terabithia  a zillion years ago I fell in love with her character, Leslie. I started trying to dress like her and got a matching haircut and everything - definitely my first girl crush. Bridge to Terabithia is one of my all-time favourite books/ (and the first film that properly made me cry and connect with it), although I haven't let myself watch it in like 4 years - each time I watch it I become reduced to a crumpled, sobbing mess. It's become too painful to watch, especially as I found out that the book is based on the Author's son's childhood.


To 9 year old me, she was 100000% the coolest girl ever.
 
 
I want to watch the next carrie diaries episode before my mum takes my laptop away (me? internet addicted? never!) (ok she might have a point) so that's all from me! good luck for whatever y'all doing next week:*
 
xxox
 

28 comments:

  1. I love Cambridge. Unfortunate that you didn't get to go to the town centre they have a fudge shop there that will blow your mind. I love the patches on that skirt too. nice outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the fudge shop was actually the one place we did go and ahh it was incredible! (if we're talking about the same one) and thank you! xxo

      Delete
  2. OMG carrie diaries are the greatest. I have watched every episode haha. And Anna Sophia Robb is just like the most awesome person! Have you seen soul surfer...she is so cool in that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so brilliant! she's so cool and no I haven't but it's on my 'to watch' list, it looks great! xxox

      Delete
  3. I loved thi movie too, and I thought that Anna Sophia was so cool, I felt so sad when dies in the movie... :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cambridge is such a lovely place, although the university is basically insane, the application process made me want to drop out of school altogether at some points. However, the actual town is beautiful although normally packed with tourists. Nice skirt by the way :)

    http://whimsicalprocrastination.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it seems lovely! ahh did you go there/apply? thank you! xox

      Delete
    2. I have applied and been offered a place, so hopefully I should be going if I can get the grades :)x

      Delete
    3. ahh congratulations, that's amazing! what do you want to study?:)xx

      Delete
    4. Thank you! I have applied to study Anglo-Saxon, Norse and Celtic studies :)x

      Delete
    5. ahh nice! that's cool:) xxx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like exciting times. Enjoy them while they last.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh Cambridge <3, I was there for a summer program last summer and it was amazing. Also, the Carrie Diaries are beyond wonderful!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so cool and it is! I agree haha:* xxox

      Delete
  7. I love your blog
    followed
    http://minimaysi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pics and super cool outfit
    your blog it's very good

    http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com/2014/01/should-i-post-or-should-i-go.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok my bloglovin is being so weird, first this post got lost then it wouldn't let me comment. Love that skirt, such good high school vibes! Glad you like the Carrie diaries, I've finished all the episodes now D: Cambridge is a really pretty city, one of my favourites! xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't worry haha and thank you! eeks I'm 6 episodes in but it's so. good. It's stunning! xxox

      Delete
  10. Gosh that skirt is so cute. I really want to start watching the Carrie Diaries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it's so good - you should! 'mega share' is a good place to watch it online. xxox

      Delete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo