Monday, 6 January 2014

ten things I hate about you *SPOILER ALERT! *





*all images taken from tumblr, but originally from the film.*














 So the other day I watched 'Ten Things I Hate About You' for the first time.  It turns out about ten minutes through I realised I'd pretty much already seen half the film through tumblr GIFs, which has been happening a lot lately! I wanted to watch this because, y'know, fetus Joseph Gordon-Levitt and it (and he) was no disappointment. I fell in love with Katarina as a character - she's one of the coolest film characters EVER (Riot Grrrl listening, Sylvia Plath reading) and I also hadn't realised Heath Ledger was in the film, which was a nice surprise. I don't really want to talk about the storyline too much so I don't ruin it any more for you than I already have with the GIFs (woops sorry) but basically, WATCH THIS FILM! It's one of the best 90s high school rom-coms EVER and is also a modern version of a Shakespeare play, The Taming of the Shrew which I didn't realise as I've never read/watched it (tTotS) but I might try and tackle it soon!

 Definitely a new fave 😁😍🎉🍕🍩

 I go back to school tomorrow and eurgh i'm not looking forward to it! I can't wait to see my friends, but deadlines, revision and homework doesn't sound great. Me and my sisters have been having the laziest, Friends and Miranda watching day ever - we walked for twenty minutes there and twenty minutes back to our local co-op to get some cranberry juice, mint hot chocolate and various other fatty foods, and are now not planning on leaving the sofa until tonight. I also ordered the Rookie Yearbook 2 yesterday with a book voucher I got for Christmas, so I paid a whole 99p for it! I can't wait for it to arrive eeeks😁

   I found an old disposable camera at the back of a cupboard in my house, and I've nearly used it all up, buy I'm worried it might not develop well as it may or may not be 10 years out of date! *fingers  crossed*

 Also, (I promise I'll shut up in a minute), just a quick question - on my laptop recently my blog banner and the images on the side haven't been loading or showing when I put up my blog - can you guys see them or are you having the same problem?

  Thaaaaanks, and wish me luck for tomorrow haha! I hope you guys all have a great week going back to school/work/college/uni! Much love xoxo















19 comments:

  1. I haven't seen ten things I hate about you yet but I'd really like to watch it soon. I'm not sure whether I like knowing so much about the movie from tumblr or not because it seems like screencaps from this movie are everywhere.

    //velveteenstyle.blogspot.com
    ps The side and heading banners aren't showing up for me either

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good - I know, it's pretty weird to watch a film having already seen so many stills, and sorry haha I probably just made your problem worse! Ah ok thank you I'll look into it! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm desperate to watch ten things I hate about you, I love a bit of Joesph Gordon-levitt hehe. Oh are you organising the Brighton rookie meetup? I saw rookie reblog a post about it, then I realized it was your blog! I don't have Facebook but I would love to come are there any details as to when it's happening?!
    Lexie xx

    ohpinkcandyfloss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same he's great haha! Yes I am (omg I may have fangirled when they reblogged the post!)! At the moment I'm focusing on getting people together that might be interested and then once there's a good number of us I'll organise the actual event, but thank you for letting me know you're interested! I follow your blog anyway so I'll definitely keep you updated when we start properly arranging it; it'd be great to meet you! I'll keep you posted and thank you for getting in touch:) xxxx

      Delete
    2. Cool thank you! It would be great to meet everyone xxx

      Delete
  3. BEST FILM OMG MY FAVOURITE
    http://where-is-frank.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i absolutely love this film! for a film thats not exactly of todays film types and of quite a while back it is still a good classic teenage film! xx

    http://bandanallbraided.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, I love it! xoxox

      Delete
  5. OBSESSED WITH THIS FILM X

    rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ten things I hate about you. OMG. This film.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10 Things I Hate About You is soooo perfect! I can watch it over and over again....aaand now I feel like watching it again. Kat is definitely my favorite character, she's so badass. And good luck with your disposable camera! I love using disposables, the pictures always come out with a home-made and intimate quality that I can never replicate with my other cameras.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's brilliant! She so is, and it's nice to have someone like her in a sorta rom-com - you don't often get that. thank you! I completely agree - there's something special like capturing a moment and only having one chance to do it (and then there's the excitement of waiting for it to develop!) - I also feel so much better about myself in disposable pictures - I feel less critical if I can't delete and retake it. Thank you for your laaahvly comment, it's set my dayoff to a great start haha!;) xxx

      Delete
  8. Such. A. Good. Film. So many hilarious one-liners. Love it. :)

    www.technicolourdreamer.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo