Wednesday, 12 February 2014

i'm looking for a lover in the heart of the city

bunny rabbit shirt - h&m
crop top - urban outfitters
skirt - h&m
socks - topshop
boots - h&m
necklace -a festival
CAITLIN
coat - topshop
skirt - h&m
top - h&m
tights - h&m
boots -deja shoe
ISY
dress - new look
jacket - topshop
shoes - miss selfridge  
LYDIA
jacket - boohoo
dress - misguided
shoes- converse

So last weekend me, Lydia, Isy and Caitlin went to a party that a friend of ours was having. I think my favourite part of most parties is the getting ready - this time we went all out and had a pizza evening at our friend Rosie's house (she ended up being too ill to come to the party though) complete with hair and makeup. Rosie did my hair up all fancily in this French plait thing that I forgot to photograph at the time, but I did manage to take a few awful webcam photos of the next morning after I'd slept in it.
  At the moment I'm loving wearing quite grungey, 90s inspired outfits, but with this I didn't want to leave it too relaxed, as I knew others were dressing up. This skirt is also turning out to be a lifesaver as it literally goes with EVERYTHING, which could turn out to be a bad thing for you guys reading this blog when it comes to variation!
  Isy and Lyds both went down the bomber jacket route for their outfits, which I think is perfect for dressing down otherwise smart dresses... I'm desperate for one! Caitlin wore her beaaaautiful coat again which you may recognise from my previous post. I'm eternally jealous of it!
 Today I should have another outfit picture coming - me and Lyds are going to see the Strypes. They're one of my favourite bands and this is the first full set of theirs I've seen (I saw a mantinee gig once but it was only a short one. Lydia saw them at Reading last year and gaaah I'm so jealous omg) and I could not be more excited. We met them in June and hopefully *fingers crossed* will again today but I'm trying not to get my hopes up.
  If you don't know them they're a four piece Rhythm and Blues band from Cavan, Ireland and are all around my age, which is insane for the standard of music they produce. They toured with the Arctic Monkeys in 2013 which I sadly missed and have just released a four track EP and have previously released an album. I thought it'd be only appropriate to use a lyric of theirs for the title (they do a lot of old covers so it may not be an original). It's from Heart of the City which is so. so. good.


Hope you're all having a good week so far! :** xx



*ALSO BIG LOVE TO ROSIE IF SHE EVER READS THIS FOR HER BEAUTIFUL CAMERA SKILLS AND HAIR STYLING*



12 comments:

  1. I think getting ready for a party is always for fun than the actual party. You and your friends looked so pretty. I want Lydia's jacket and your skirt now xx

    www.glitterdaiquiri.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it so is! ahh thank you! I'll let her know haha;) xx

      Delete
  2. Obsessed with the outfits. Love the French plait xx

    rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks so good like that and love that skirt! YES getting ready is always the best part. Ah lucky have fun at the Strypes! xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! they were incredible! xxo

      Delete
  4. Very cute hair braids! xx

    http://reallyliteral.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want a bomber jacket too ugh! You and your friends have such a rad sense of style! x

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! urgh i'm so jealous of them haha!<3 xxox

      Delete
  6. Thank you for the lovely comment on my last post, yes, I did write that :) I hope you have fun at the Strypes concert- they're great live- I met them backstage at a festival about two years ago before they were as famous as they are now xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! i'm impressed, it was so so beautiful! it was amazing thanks and ahh that's so cool! xx

      Delete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo