Sunday, 2 February 2014

you think we're bonnie and clyde, but both of them fucking died




bruce springsteen tee - h&m
hoody (under shirt) - h&m
shirt - thrifted
rucksack (you can barely see it woops) - h&m
shorts - to be worn again
hamsa necklace - new look
boots - h&m
tights - m&s
 coat - topshop
jeans - gap
jumper - gap
boots - deja shoe

One of the perks of living in (well near ok but still) Brighton is the abundance of street art and graffiti to use as backgrounds for pictures - I need to make using it a habit!

Last weekend Caitlin and I went shopping in Brighton before her work shift and I ended up buying quite a few pieces, one of which (the denim mini skirt) was in my last post on here. It was lovely to spend some time with her out of school and we're going to see Dan Croll together in March which is so so so exciting. She introduced him to me and maaan am I glad - I recommend 'Compliment Your Soul' and 'Only Ghost'. His sound is kind of hard to explain but he's an indie/alternative singer songwriter with a poppy/world music element - I don't think I'm really selling it but he's amazing. (and very beautiful)

I'm also going to see Howler in March - they're an indie rock band from Minneapolis but signed to Rough Trade, and are one of my favourites. I'm completely and utterly in love (woops) with Jordan Gatesmith (cue my tumblr being called 'because Jordan Gatesmith) - I saw them twice in October 2012 on the NME Next Generation tour, once in Bristol with my friends Ruby and Chloe, and then once ten days later in Brighton on Halloween (howlerween) with Isy and Lyds. It was so perfect and we managed to meet 3/4 of them. We also got up on stage with everyone in the last song on one night (and I had a chat with the bassist while I was up there. he ruffled my hair and was really sweet to 14 year old me who probably looked so out of place haha) and when Ruby, Chloe and I met Jordan, I may have *accidently* let it slip to him that I was *ahem* a little in love with him... Real smooth, I know. It was my first ever gig that I had attended alone (and the first in a night club/bar/small venue. before I'd only seen 1D in the Brighton centre haha) and gave me a bit of an obsession with live music. the Thekla, where we went in Bristol is one of my all-time favourite venues and they filmed there for Skins a few times which makes it even better.






 



 I didn't actually mean for this to turn into a Howler fangirling session but hey it's Howler so I'm fine with it haha. Thank you to Cait for letting me use her camera for the outfit pics and LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL HER COAT IS. I tried a similar one on in New Look but it was like £60 so I had to walk away from it empty handed which was harder than it should've been.

*the super depressing title is a favourite Howler lyric of mine from Back of Your Neck*

That's all from me, so byyyee and hope you've all had an A* week. xoxxox

Matilda:*







19 comments:

  1. You are literally the best at layering cool tops! Omg I'd never heard of Howler before but now I am in love! Their music is definitely my kinda style. <3

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh thank you so much! eeks i'm so glad, they're amazing! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Really great outfit, love the blue on blue on blue. Liking all the music references too, you have such good taste maaan! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks I'll tell Cait hehe::* thank you so much! xxox

      Delete
  3. Haha Caitlin has the same coat as me! Omg I just looked up howler! They kinda remind me of 'girls' and 'Harlem.' I wanna go see them,t's not fair wahhh. Whenever I try to book concerts, they always sell out but, I'm hopefully going to IOW festival this year with some friends which will be fun. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *I'm not gonna let myself miss out on red hot chilli peppers and kings of Leon!

      Delete
    2. I thought that when I saw your post haha! It's so so beautiful though. I don't know them, I'll look them up! Ahh that would've been so cool if we'd bumped into eachother. And I know saaame - I wanted to see Haim in march but they've sold out too! That will be so good and god no that'll be amazing! xxox

      Delete
  4. stunning post! beautiful pictures xx

    Ruby
    rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT OUTFIT OHMYGOSH i can't breathe. gosh i haven't heard of them but if they're indie and kinda rock-y and awesome then... why not? i shall check em out! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! you should, they're great haha! xxo

      Delete
  6. love love love your outfit omg. i've never heard of howler, but I love indie music so I'll have to give them a look!
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! you so should xxox

      Delete
  7. Your outfit is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when people fan girl over their favourite bands. I kind of fan girl over fan girls sometimes. Also, in other news, your outfit is ridiculously hella and I wish I was that close to great graffiti.
    x
    www.glitterdaiquiri.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I spend wwwaay too long fangirling - it's nice to have my efforts appreciated haha! thank you! xxo

      Delete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo