Tuesday, 4 March 2014

every now and then i fall a bit behind, every time i stare into your eyes








shirt - h&m
t-shirt - topshop
skirt - topshop
choker - ebay
boots - doc marten
On Sunday it was my sisters' fourteenth birthday (twins!) so we headed down to Brighton to see the book thief, and it was i n c r e d i b l e. I can't recommend it enough - it was beautifully crafted and poignant, and very well shot. I fell in love with all of the characters and it was also incredibly interesting in a contextual, historical way.
  I bought myself this choker as a...birthday present to myself- I've had my eye on it for a while and decided my sixteenth birthday was a just reason to cave in and pay the staggering (not) £2.99 for the matching bracelet and choker set. You can probably get them at a better price but it was an impulse buy (the best kind) so I didn't do my research! The shirt is an old favourite of mine - I've had it for a good while but was stuck with how to style it in new ways until recently, and now it's my new cover-up of choice.
  This week and next week are my mocks, so revision has really been stressing me out. My only release has been the wonder that is My Mad Fat Diary - Finn Nelson is..... really something, and don't get me started on Rae! She's possibly my all time favourite TV character and is so so real. If you don't watch MMFD you're missing out. The clothes and music are amazing too - all 90s and perfect. It also deals with issues like eating disorders and depression really well, without focusing entirely on them - more of an acknowledgement of them without completely defining the characters by their struggles, which I like.
my mad fat diary Come back soon please, Finn
that face...that face is a nice face.   Finn - My Mad Fat Diary        http://raesdiary.tumblr.com/post/43641743378
Such a cute couple <3 My mad fat diary

The title is a lyric from Dan Croll's 'From Nowhere'. I've mentioned him before - if you haven't already checked him out, you SO NEED TO. I'm not going to make a failed attempt to describe his sound... just watch. This is one of my favourite songs at the moment  and has been for the past few months - I'm counting down the days until I see him live! I also love the video - the colours are beautiful and I love the concept! 

also, does anyone have any tips for dress shopping? my prom's coming up and i'm struggling slightly on the dress front - if anyone has any good shops or brands, let me know! any advice would be massively appreciated, so thank you!

I should really start doing some english so byee and hope you're all having a good week! xxxxx


24 comments:

  1. LOVE the choker and the skirt! Good luck for your mocks and will email back on the dresses soon! xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! looking forward to hear from you:** xxx

      Delete
  2. I remember being obsessed with that bunny rabbit print when they had it in h&m! I used to have the burgundy version, but I think I chucked it :/ I love your chocker too, I really want one at the moment, they remind me of all the 90's/00's films!
    Me and a friend spent the whole of p.e lying on the floor today talking about prom dresses (we were doing the insanity workout and got tired.) I haven't got mine until next next year, but all the year 11's are talking about it! They have a few on asos but I guess they'll get more on near the time. I saw a really cute dress shop in the lanes last weekend, the dresses were all 1920'sies and looked like they were out of the Great Gatsby, they were quite pricey though.. xx
    www.ohpinkcandyfloss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i fell so in love with it! my sister has the deer version of the print on a tea dress.awh:( thank you! that's exactly why i bought it haha! i'm so excited for prom - not even the actual event, just getting ready and choosing my outfit! i've found a few on asos that i really like actually - i looked on literally every dress on there over the course of a few hours! ooh i'll have a look out for them, thanks for the heads up! there are some lovely ones but yes they can get pretty expensive...:( xxxx

      Delete
  3. Your boots are amazing!

    www.sandynene.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Jacket !!! I love the cover picture on your blog too, a really cool collage !!

    Will be back =]

    X Victoria
    http://alfandemilio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i'm looking forward to hearing from you again haha,thank you for stopping by! x

      Delete
  5. I'm obsessed with your choker omfg! What did you search up on ebay to find it? I recently started watching my mad fat diary and it's so good and very funny! I love your outfit, especially that shirt!

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! literally just 'tattoo choker' and there are plenty of options! it's amazing and ahh thank you! i'll post a comment on your blog with the search term just in case you don't see this aha:* xxx

      Delete
  6. love the choker, the shirt & FINNNNNNN

    pinkdaisychains.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! god he's perfect...:''') xx

      Delete
  7. Love the combination of this look xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. I love the outfit. The print on the shirt is adorable and the choker is rad. Killer contrasting combination.
    2. I LOVE DAN CROLL. That song is amazing, and I love the music videos. A bit Wes Anderson-y?
    3. I need to see that film! Sounds really cool. Continuing with the Wes Anderson point, I saw The Grand Budapest Hotel last week and it was amazing. Would highly recommend seeing it!

    Always love your posts, just seeing the name of your blog makes me smile! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! He's insane oh my god. I'm seeing him at an instore session tomorrow, I can't wait! It's incredible and ah thank you for the recommendation - I've got so many films I need to watch at the minute but I think I'm going to have to shift that one to the top of the list - the trailer alone is worth watching as a piece of film! Thank you so so much - this means the world to me, especially considering how much I admire your blog - I always look forward to your posts! Thank you again:* xx

      Delete
  9. as your photos got closer and closer i was like: WOW BUNNIES! yeah it was exciting.
    i have never seen my mad fat diary, but i have seen heaps of gifs and stuff of it on tumblr. it loooks good tho, hopefully i can find it online.
    carlaa
    ps: u have nice lips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha good! watch it on 4OD. it's amazing and haha thank you, I've never had that before omg! I've always thought they were a little wonky urgh but thaaaaanks:** xxxx

      Delete
  10. lovely outfit, I love skater skirts :) you look amazing :)

    http://yellowpumpkiin.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to you both!! Love that choker!!

    hollie--rose.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo