Sunday, 16 March 2014

somehow i always fail to show the appreciation you crave, 'cause i'm a fool for you

   




madonna tshirt - h&m
levi shorts - to be worn again (thrifted)
boots - docs
choker - ebay
rucksack - h&m
shirt - to be worn again (thrifted)

 

shirt - h&m
skirt - h&m
top - idek but like topshop/h&m????
shoes - topshop
ring - silverado 

Yesterday, Caitlin and I headed down to Brighton to go to see Dan Croll play an instore session at my favourite Brighton record shops, Resident, in the lanes. My outfit wasn't actually meant to be so mind numbingly boring but I was not at all prepared for the summery weather that greeted us after school, so I had to have a last minute change of plan, hence the completely boring t-shirt and shorts combination that's hardly worthy of a blog post (but hey, this day was fun and i wanted to do some blogging so yeahhhhhhhhhh). We stopped off at Cait's to get changed and pick up some well needed Calippo ice lollies (YES IT'S THIS TIME OF THE YEAR) and got the train straight in. 
 Caitlin was on a mission to buy a new flannel/plaid shirt so we headed down to our favourite shop for vintage shirts and shorts (both my shirts and shorts in this post I found here) in the Lanes, called To Be Worn Again. If you're ever in Brighton they're worth a visit - they have two shops in the Lanes, full of lovely vintage clothes at pretty decent prices, unlike many Vintage stores. She ended up picking up a grey plaid shirt which I'm SO IN LOVE WITH that only cost a fiver! We also had a mooch around Beyond Retro and I fell in love with THE MOST GORGEOUS DRESS - a black velvet strappy skater style dress that from certain angles and under certain lights looked actually dark green. I fell in love and it fitted perfectly but it was £28 so I sadly left empty handed. 
After a walk through the very beautiful, misty Pavilion gardens and a few outfit pictures, we stopped at Cafe Nero for paninis and ice tea, before finally heading down to Resident. 
We arrived a little early to secure a place at the front - the store is tiny and being as short as I am I can't really take chances! We were having a chat looking through the records when Dan and his band walked in and started setting up. We tried (and failed) to act casual at the fact that one of our all time favourite musicians was JUST THERE, and the half hour wait before they started was agonizing! 
I am majorly in love with Dan's musical style and lyrics, so seeing him perform his album off mic with the band acoustically was amazing. It was even better than anticipated and the rest of the band's harmonies with Dan were incredible! I was literally standing next to them through the whole thing and it was very hard to try and tone down the massive grin on my face. 


 Afterwards they stayed behind to meet people and Dan was so lovely - at one point I told him that From Nowhere was one of my all time favourite songs and at the same time it started playing which was perfect timing! I'm seeing him again at one of my favourite venues the Haunt in a few weeks so this has made me even more excited for that. He was basically just super nice and talented and if you STILL haven't checked out his music after the 12682332486 times I've mentioned it on here, NOW IS THE TIME. I'll leave a few videos at the end of this post and I promise your life will be enriched!;)

This was a really nice day and I'm glad Cait came along too - she loves him even more than I do haha so seeing her so happy was lovely! I've tried to keep my cool in this post and not gush about his amazingness as much as i want to - I'm still haunted from a few weeks ago when I realised one of my favourite bands Howler had found these pictures I'd posted on tumblr aged 14 with vomit inducing captions that I dare not to repeat and reblogged/liked/replied to them all...not good. I'd rather not repeat history!

the title of this post if from 'in/out', this first video! it's golden

Have you discovered any great music recently? Leave me some songs to check out if you have - i love listening to new things! xxxxoxoxo



20 comments:

  1. omg you're so lucky! i love dan croll! both of your outfits look lovely!
    ps. i nominated you for a liebster award
    http://lost--at-sea.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thank you so much! i'll have a look xoxox

      Delete
  2. I love Dan Croll, you're so lucky! I love your outfits, especially the Madonna top!
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why are all you British kids so cool? Going to record stores and meeting your favourite bands and buying cute outfits with your cute friends? Aaargghh, I'm so green.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha omg thank you but no on here i just miss out the bad parts! you're like the queen of sassy and coolness anyways, and you live in SOUTH AFRICA like the best place omg.. england sucks sometimes. i'm the green one! xoox

      Delete
  4. I used to have a choker just like that, you're making me so nostalgic for my 90's childhood!! :) xx

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning outfits, beautiful photographs x

    rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your outfits, just got a choker and in love with it too :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i love them haha! xxo

      Delete
  7. Love your docs! And you and I are on the same page lady! I'm also rocking a choker in my latest post x x x

    STYLE STACK - A personal style blog

    STYLE STACK - A personal style blog

    STYLE STACK - A personal style blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! ahh haha i'll have a look! xx

      Delete
  8. Looks soso fun! Your choker is amazing, reminds me of my mad fat diary ;) xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! and god i love that show - chloe, rae and izzy's clothes perfect haha! xxo

      Delete
  9. I love what your wearing, it defiantley isn't boring! And you got to meet Dan Croll. I swear I miss everything haha xxx

    www.ohpinkcandyfloss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! ahh i was so excited and hey he's playing at the haunt in brighton on thursday! xx

      Delete
  10. THIS IS SO COOL. I love his music, his album is amazing, and how special is it that you got to see him play in such an intimate location! Both of you ladies look amazing too, this post is just a massive pot of jealousy for me, hehe. Hope you're doing well! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh thank you katie! he's incredible - his lyrics and melodies and EVERYTHING work so well. awh haha your time will come and thank you, you too! xx

      Delete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo