Thursday, 10 April 2014

i've picked out some prom dresses for you

Over the past month or so, I've spend a whole lot of time looking online for prom dresses and as a result have accumulated a large number of links to beautiful dresses! As I've been lucky enough to find mine already, I thought that I could put together some of these links to help any of you who are on the hunt for their perfect dress this coming prom season.The dresses range from roughly £20-£300 and I've tried to find a selection of all different styles and colours so hopefully there should be one or two that take your fancy whatever your taste, body shape or budget! I recommend clicking on their links to have a close look - the ones in the 'lights' section especially have some with beautiful details that don't show up too well unless enlarged. Enjoy...
thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk



I had my heart set on a metallic prom dress for a good while - I actually ordered the silver pleated one, but it didn't end up suiting me. The material was beautiful though - it felt almost vintagey and was more 'burnt' looking than it looked online, which I thought was a good thing. I love all these dresses to pieces and I think they're nice and unusual too - a but of individuality is always nice for prom!

thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk



Aside from the printed ones, these are all the same dress just in different lengths, and I love them! I think the pleats are beautiful and timeless but at the same time slightly edgy for a prom dress. I love the printed dresses too -  again, I think they're pretty edgy despite one being in very girly colours. From what I've seen, patterns are definitely very unusual for prom, so you're guaranteed not to match anyone!


thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk



 I think a black dress could look amazing piled high with chunky silver necklaces and rings. Black is such a classic colour as well that you'll be able to wear it again and again, which is good especially if you're looking to spend a little more.
thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk



This colour is very wintery so these dresses maybe aren't amazing for summer, but for a winter ball/dance I think that these are all beautiful! I love the cut and halterneck of the Asos Lace Organza Prom Dress (on the left). 
thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk



I adore all of these - they feel very simple and classic. A lot of these have silver accents/details,which would look amazing with a silver clutch and heels - my favourite colour of shoes and bags! I ended up going with a white/cream dress myself - it feels very girly and summery which I thought would be nice for prom. The only trouble with going for a white/cream dress for me is that I'm going to struggle to wear it elsewhere - weddings for me seem like the perfect place to rewear prom gear but wearing a white dress to a wedding probably isn't the smartest move! A lot of these dresses are so beautiful though that I wouldn't mind buying them just for one occasion.

thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk



I love the pastels trend for the summer (sadly it doesn't suit me at all though) and prom seems like the perfect opportunity to go very girly when it comes to colour! I love the Topshop 60s style lace dress and the vintage buttons on the pink Asos maxi are beautiful.
thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk



Looking through all of these shops, I noticed that there weren't many examples of any of the dresses on curvy girls, which is a huge shame. The lovely Louise of Sprinkle of Glitter (google her) often shows items in hauls etc from the Asos 'Curvy' or 'Plus Size' ranges, and so I decided to see if there were any prom suitable dresses in the range. I found a good few - I think these are beautiful! I can imagine Grecian style dresses looking amazing on curvier girls - I think the drapey, Grecian one here looks beautiful!The lace v-neck dress I also love.

I hope you took some inspiration from these or even found one to buy! For me, online shopping was great for ideas but trying on different shapes and styles in shops was incredibly valuable - I'd recommend trying stuff on to see what suits you and getting an idea of your ideal dress, and then finding a similar one online! A lot of places have some beautiful dresses at great sale prices, too, so it's definitely worthwhile having a hunt around before purchasing.

 Let me know if you like any of the dresses or leave me links if you've got yours! I'd love to see what you'll be wearing if you've got a prom/school dance coming up soon. xxo


*I try to reply to comments as soon as possible, but as I'm away I'm afraid replies will be delayed by a few days! Sorry and thank you for reading/commenting* 

22 comments:

  1. Ah such an amazing post Mattie! I am totally in love with a light one and a metallic one, except I have no where to wear them. Can't wait to see which you decided on xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! God I'm slightly regretting not getting a metallic haha but one of my friends has so we'd be matching! Awh yeah that's annoying:( Awh haha I can't wait to show you! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, this would be so useful if you're lacking inspiration for your prom dress, it's very kind of you to pool your research into a blog post. Can't wait to see yours! I'm sure it's amazing. Love how you've categorised them as well. My friend hand made me a prom dress which I'll wear, it's so amazing. I can't wait to share it, not sure if I'll wait until June or write a post now... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you haha! Awh thank you - I can't wait to post it on here! Ahh god you're so lucky, that's incredible! I can't wait to see it, either way! xx

      Delete
  3. Nice post! I think by far the pastels and blacks are my favourites!
    www.pink-puffins.blogspot.in
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love a good black dress. xxo

      Delete
  4. Hi,
    I did a similar post over on my blog but I like how you separated the different types of dress its clever !! just stumbled upon you blog and it's really nice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! ooh I'll just have a look. xx

      Delete
  5. I love this so much! I'm not having a prom or anything anytime soon, but I think I might just like bookmark this page or something just in case I need inspiration or ideas for dresses for a special occasion! I love how you separated the dresses into different types and categories! x

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youuu! ahh hopefully it'll come in handy at some point, and even if it doesn't, I hope you enjoyed drooling over some dresses haha! awh thank you<3 xx

      Delete
  6. I love all of these! The metallic dresses are so cool! I'm actually in love with that maxi Lipsy dress. It's perfect. xx


    www.ohpinkcandyfloss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi matilda! your blog is the coolest, I've just followed on GFC!
    all these dresses are super cute, i want them all! *__*

    http://sunnyskyeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh thank you! same haha and I'll just check out yours! xxx

      Delete
  8. First, I'm super excited to see your dress for prom because I can already imagine you looking like an angel in white. And I wore seperates to my "prom" last year (we don't really call it prom here but everyone makes just about a big a deal because of American film) but my skirt was a bright white also and you'd be surprised at how well you can style such when time comes.
    Second, I'm just going to bookmark this page for "prom" or special events. I love that you went beyond the ideallic prom dress type and colours/materials. Makes me even more excited to see what you're going to wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thank you! that sounds so cool and hopefully! I hope you get some use from it! Thank you! Don't get your hopes up for anything crazy though haha - I was planning on going for something weird and metallic, but I ended up falling for a super typical prom dress which was kinda a disappointment but then again not because I love the dress! Thank you for this lovely comment<3 xx

      Delete
  9. Ahh yes this is very helpful i will definetly come back here for prom inspiration! For me its in a month and i still dont know what to wear! I was thinking something sky blue kinda like Lupita's Oscar dress but not a deep vneck byt now I'm thinkong something black.. I cant wait to see what you choose. This is some dense prom dress research you are practically a pro!
    xx
    styleriottt.blogspot.com
    sty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I'm glad! Ahh her dress was INCREDIBLE, you should go for it! I think anything in the right shape can look gorgeous but Lupita's was really something special. Thank you haha! I try;) xx

      Delete
  10. Cute post! Love the dresses! The black ones are my favourite, so simple and elegant! Xx

    Vividlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I adore the black ones - I agree! xx

      Delete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo