Sunday, 20 April 2014

my mumma told me you gotta live on the run, or you'll die young

 


coat - gap // sweatshirt - h&m // dress (worn under sweater) - h&m // boots - doc marten // ring - my mum's // above knuckle ring - kukee.co.uk



 On Good Friday, my family and I went on a walk and then for a pub lunch. The route we went on is a favourite of mine, and happens to be where I took my first ever outfit of the day pictures a good year and a half ago (the post isn't published anymore). This is what I wore - the sweatshirt is actually my sister Lucy's, and the pale blue version of the skull jumper I wore a few posts ago. I fell in love with this online but as I had no money to spend myself, I showed Lucy it and she decided to buy it for herself, so hey a free jumper! It's continuing my 'more colour for spring/summer' theme and I couldn't be happier about it! I LOVE the print and these jumpers are incredibly comfy (and incredible cheap at only £5.99 thank you h&m)



It worries me how Lucy and Millie look practically my age. If you haven't seen them in a post before, then these are my little sisters, who are 13 and identical twins but getting less and less alike as they get older.

 I have my first GCSE exam in just over 20 days, so sadly I seem to be spending most of my time staring blankly at textbooks / 'revising'. It was nice to leave the house for a morning, but there was definitely a grey cloud over my head as I new that it was probably the last time I'd be leaving the house (not for school) in a good while. With my parents separating and all, we're also starting to try and sell our house so that's a whole other reason to be stressed (I am the messiest person I know so I don't mix too well with unexpected house viewings) The only thing keeping me going is the promise of a long summer after my exams!

 In other news, I've just purchased a few bits and pieces for my giveaway that I'll be sharing with you at 100 bloglovin' followers. It's nothing massive but I'm still excited to share it with you! Only 5 followers to go!

The title is a lyric from B-Roads by one of my favourite bands at the moment, the Milk. Their music is kinda jazzy and soul filled, but at the same time pretty rock-y- it basically just makes me want to get up and dance - you should have a listen!





As usual, this post was really disjointed, but yeah. Oh well. 

I hope you've all had a lovely easter and eaten triple your weight in chocolate. xx

22 comments:

  1. Ah you look so pretty Mattie, love the jumper <3 can finally see your sisters too! Good luck with GCSEs I can't wait till Summer too! xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youuu! haha yes, I think it's a little overdue! thank you and ahh man it can't come soon enough. xx

      Delete
  2. You have the most amazing eyebrows! And also this outfit is wonderful, and I especially love the shirt! Good luck with your exams! Mine don't come until the end of june, so I still have a ways away. I can't wait for summer! It's gonna be a good one, I feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sonja haha! they're a little bushy at times but I don't mind them. thank you! I can see myself nicking it from Lucy rather a lot and ahh man you're lucky! good luck and saaame it should be<3 xx

      Delete
  3. Love the outfit! x

    elizabethsboredom.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the palm-tree print shirt
    Feel free to check out our blog x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/jean-paul-gaultier-ootd.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my god, your music taste is everything. And you and your so sisters are so pretty and blonde and hella eyebrow game enabled. Good luck with exams x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thank you! you're gorgeous though omg. and god i'll need it haha. xx

      Delete
  6. You look awesome in all of these photos! You and your sisters are so cute together too, I always wish I had a sister haha. Good luck with your GCSEs and everything else!
    xo
    http://lilliputianlilac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Awh haha they can be a pain but it is nice to have them! Thank you<3 xx

      Delete
  7. You have the best music taste, so I'll definitely check The Milk out... Listening right now, liking what I hear so far, really cool jams.
    Great photos, I love how you edit them! your outfit is super amazing too, I love the summery print of your jumper.
    Oh gosh good luck for your exams. I remember sitting my GCSEs, they seem like the hardest things ever at the time, but they'll seem so insignificant when you start A Levels. I don't want to worry you though :P
    Aw you and your sisters are all so pretty ahh! You all look pretty alike too :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're great, I'm glad you like them! Awh thank you! They're ready made filters from the free photoshop haha! Thank youuu<3 And awh thank you haha that's nice to know to take the pressure off a bit so thank you! Awh thank you haha! People say that - I'm only just starting to see the similarities in me and them! xx

      Delete
  8. Love those outfits! You are so pretty! Oh, and love the selfies of you and your sister :) I followed your blog x

    Cory
    http://cranberrydeer.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! I love your blog and I just wanted to let you know that I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! :)

    http://juliacoejj.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. You only live once, so make it with all your best right :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. woah so I'm obsessed with that shirt and coat so much! also you're music taste is seriously so on point it's crazy, like my most played songs are mostly all recommended by you, so thank you! x

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh thank you! haha awh thank you so much! it means a lot<3 xx

      Delete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo