Tuesday, 20 May 2014

all my life I wasn't trying to get on a highway: i was wondering which way to go


** warning: this is very photo heavy and is just a bit of a ramble **



The week before last I had my last ever ~official~ day at school, and then the next day we all came in
for our goodbye 'leavers assembly'. I was expecting to sob my way through it but the knowledge that I'd be back in school for my first exam the following Monday took the drama away a little! It was lovely though, and it was a nice to have everyone collectively at school together for one last time.
  As well as being the assembly, it was the 16th birthday of Billie, one of my best friends, (She's fab and actually the person who introduced me to blogging, encouraging me to try it out all those many (two) years ago... so yeah. Thanks Billie if you read this! Ily) so in the morning all my best friends and I all congregated to Caitlin's house for presents and pictures.

Isy and Rosie being all cutesy
Lydia looking at a cat, I believe
Lyds and Caitlin with the birthday girl!

Is Lydia not the cheeriest girl ever??!

  After the assembly and some last minute year book signings, I went with Isy, Cait, Rosie and Lydia (sadly minus Billie bc she had birthday stuff to do) to Brighton. We decided to cave in and use the photobooth in an amazing vintage/antiques shop called Snoopers Paradise in the lanes. It's such a lovely shop and also pretty big, with everything from fancy dress and vintage clothes, to old magazines and photos, to vintage film cameras to collectors toy models!

  With there being five of us, fitting everyone in the frame proved to be quite a challenge, and more often than not we failed at including everyone! We ended up spending quite a substantial amount of time and money there, but I think the memories for our last day will be worth the £164386214816308 we spent!

 I've also come to the conclusion that I should probably find some more photo faces, because all of mine in these are the same...




It was crazy because just the next day, Tyler Oakley posted a picture of himself, Troye Sivan, Connor Franta and Zoe Sugg all in the exact same photo booth the following day whilst staying in Brighton with Zoella! They were here all weekend and we were desperate to bump into them so that they could sign our yearbooks, but sadly it didn't happen! How amazing would it be to bump into them in Snoopers and go in the photo booth with them though??!


After a bit more of a snoop around the Lanes, we want to Wagamammas for lunch. I've decided to make a concious effort to go for more meals out with friends - very rarely do we all sit down together in one place to spend time with each other, and I think I also just like the feeling of independence that comes with it! Wagamammas is the most delicious chain restaurant ever, and the Brighton branch has an entire wall made of glass looking out onto the street, which is perfect for people watching.


To end the day we had a walk along the beach - one of the things I love most about my city is the mixture of city life but then also the sea, which is just a minute's walk away. I'm glad that so many of my childhood memories revolve around such a lovely place, and I'm very tempted to move back when I'm starting a family for myself so my children can grow up in the same surroundings!

Titanic recreation... 

This post probably wasn't the most interesting of my posts for you guys, but I just wanted to make a record of this day for my own benefit. (Now get ready for the emotional bit - look away if you're squeamish) After a few years at secondary school of shuffling around friendship groups, I feel like I finally found some real keepers in these guys. They're all some of my favourite ever people, all for their own reasons! I love spending time with them and will miss not seeing some of them on a daily basis - they make my life easier and happier, and I love them for it! I'm basically just a lucky gal to call them my best friends.

 On a slightly more boring note, I've now done 7 of my 16 exams. Luckily, most of them have been fine though! Aside from a few subjects, I've been quite lucky as the topics that have come up have been the ones I know the best, so that's always a comfort. Although we're supposed to still come to school for study sessions at the moment,  no one really does so I've basically been spending an hour or two at school a day, and the rest at home which has been so much easier. Although I've been working just as hard, it makes such a different working at my own pace on my terms, and I'd go as far to say that I'm actually quite enjoying having the exams! It's stressful but also incredibly rewarding to finish my courses for good - it's a massive relief after such a massive build up!

In case any of you missed it the first time around, remember to enter my giveaway! It's just a little thank you to your guys for all your love, support and chats. It's international and open until the 30th of May! You can find the post here.



That's all from me now as revision for my poetry exam is calling, but yeahh thanks for reading, and good luck for all your guys doing exams! I hope they're going well<3 <3 xxxx


**title is a lyric from 'Don't Save Me' by Haim which is a brilliant song by a brilliant band. I know a lot of people can't stand them, but I literally couldn't love their music any more. They have such interesting melodies and I am so envious of all their lyrics! I wrote a post on them yonks ago that you can read here if you wanna... **



thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

24 comments:

  1. This is such a cute post! I love reading posts like this :-) Good luck for the rest of your exams! Rebeka x

    Rebeka Taylor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah I'm gad haha, I wasn't sure if people would find it boring! Thank you, and you too if you're taking them! xx

      Delete
  2. Aww mattie this was such a nice post! You'll definitely look back on it in the future and smile :)
    It was my last day of school evereverevereverever as well (after staying at the same one for 7 years due to my sixth form being attached to my secondary school) on friday and my leavers assembly on monday (which was the best thing ever omfg), I didn't feel emotional though weirdly! I will definitely cry at the ball/prom in June though :'(
    That was lovely what you said about your friends, I feel the same way about mine as well ahh. These are such cute/funny pictures as well!
    +sidenote I was near brighton on Sunday because I went to visit my future university (Sussex) ah! Also Wagamamas = best mm <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thank you! i'm hoping that<3 ah congrats! yeah I think the emotions may come later after all the excitement's worn off! Saame oh god:(( Thank you haha I knew they'd be reading so I thought I'd rack up the emotions a little! This cameras come at a good time haha! And aah that's so exciting! Are you moving anywhere near? I'll have to show you all the best places to go! What're you studying? And yes it so is! xxx

      Delete
  3. This is such a lovely post, your friends look like some really cool people! Also, I have to say, I'm a little jealous at your last day of school ever, here in America we go until we are 18, which seems like aaaagggeeees away. I also really love how a lot of these photos are candid, it makes it feel so spontaneous and happy! Good luck on the rest of your exams!
    P.S. I promise to send your letter soon, but now I'm approaching exam season so it might be a little while...I will try my best, though!
    xo
    http://lilliputianlilac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! they're the best<3 ahh gosh I don't pity you haha:(( We do still have to go till college though which is pretty much the same, just for 16/17/18 year olds and you only take like 3 or 4 subjects and then we're free to do what we like! thank you! I've been trying to get more candid photos rather than just posey ones at the minute, as the candid ones are often those that I like looking back on the most! Thank youuu! You too and oh gosh same haha - I've got a month until mine are over and then I promise to send one haha! Don't worry about when you send it - I don't want it getting in the way of studying! ( i sound like my mum here oh dear) xxx

      Delete
  4. Such lovely photos, love a good ramble x

    rubys-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! glad you enjoyed haha<3 xx

      Delete
  5. Once again: I AM SO JEALOUS THAT YOU'RE BASICALLY 3000% DONE.
    I'm just done in spirit from reading this and looking at you and your pretty friends having a good time during the BEST YEARS OF YOUR LIFE, Mattie.
    Stay frosty x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha awhh I'm so relieved it's all coming to a close! you'll be finishing too before you know it...;) xx

      Delete
  6. I'm still super jealous of all you english folk who get to leave high school and go to college or whatever you call it (jeez, your school system is confusing) and also this post has made me really want to visit Brighton and it's beachness! :)

    http://zingerbee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh it's pretty good haha! we still have two years of college after secondary school but it's nice to have a change in scenery and subjects<3 ahh i'm glad, you should! xx

      Delete
  7. You and your friends are so beautiful all together! Doing photoboot pictures is a great idea for the end of the year, I might actually do it with my friends! Awesome post and blog <3

    BĂ©atrice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! they're the best<3 and yes it's so lovely to have and look back on, I recommend! thank you:* xx

      Delete
  8. Awww I really like the photo booth pictures :) Shame you didn't get to see Tyler Oakley, etc. But Zoe lives in Brighton now so you might bump into her! Best of luck for your exams and I'm glad that you met some great friends that you can be together with x

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I knoow it was annoying but hopefully yes! I met her last september and she was the loveliest! Thank you so much! xx

      Delete
  9. Good luck with the rest of your exams! Love photobooths, trying to fit multiple people in is always part of the challenge! I really need to get down to Brighton again soon, I've only been once last Summer. One of my favourite Haim songs too! xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Saaame haha they're the best, albeit slightly cramped at times...You should! One day I'll have to give you the locals tour<3 Such a good song! xx

      Delete
  10. Omg Mattie, I did almost the exact same thing yesterday with my friend, we even went to Wagamamas for lunch! The only problem was that the weather was crap so we had to run everywhere. Good luck with your exams!
    Lexie xx

    LEXIEALEXANDRA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read your post on it! Such a good day out haha, although a shame about the weather for you:( thank you! xx

      Delete
  11. Lovely. This post remembers me so much of my few days in high school, and the memory makes me so emotional. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for this lovely comment, and I'm glad you enjoyed it <3 <3 xx

      Delete
  12. This is so cute! You and your friends are all so gorgeous and it looks like you had just the best of times! It would have been so cool to bump into the youtubers omg, maybe next time? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh thank you! it was the best and yes omg I so want to hahha! xx

      Delete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo