Wednesday, 3 December 2014

interviewing charlieissocoollike, what i wore and circa waves.

 
Those of you who follow me on Instagram or like my Facebook page (the shameless self promotion is here once again) will know that recently, two friends and I were lucky enough to be given the opportunity to be panellists for an event in Birmingham, interviewing the YouTuber Charlie McDonnell/Charlieissocoollike. This was the second of these events for Google/Arts council/Culture24 that I've been part of, the first being last November with Dan Howell/ Danisinotonfire, with both panels exploring what organisations can learn from a YouTubers like Charlie and Dan.
 As someone who's first ever introduction to the world of YouTubing was through watching one of Charlie's videos a good four years ago, to be able to spend the morning with him was amazing, and it was incredibly interesting to be able to interrogate him about life on the other side of the camera!  He was reeeaaally lovely to speak to and very kindly came and had a sit down and lunch with us afterwards, so we got to have a got to have a good chat together without the added pressure of an live audience which was nice. I always feel a tad nervous before meeting people that I have a lot of admiration for (you know what they say about never meeting your idols blah blah blaaaah) but so far I'm yet to have a bad experience and Charlie was no exception!
 

The day was incredibly busy and so it wasn't until I got back to Brighton that night that I was able to find a moment to sneak in a few outfit pictures. I'll admit it was a bit of a struggle to find something in my wardrobe to wear that wasn't too scruffy/inappropriately short - in the end I went with this printed shirt that is one of my all time favourite items of clothing - it's extremely gaudy, but I like the slightly eclectic 60s vibe to the print, which also reminds me of the geometrics Greek tiles that you can find. I like pairing it with really clashing colours or prints, with my favourite combination being it matched with this GAP t-shirt - it's made from the softest material ever and I love the colour.


 
// Shirt - Primark // T-shirt - GAP // Necklace - New Look // Jeans - New Look // Boots - Doc Martens // Watch - Casio (eBay) //
 
December has come around scarily quickly - usually I'm out Christmas shopping in early November or late October but this year I haven't had time to give it a minute's thought! My weekends have mostly been spent working overtime and cramming in studying during every lunch break or free period at college that I can find in an attempt to make some extra money to fund my excessive Christmas Costa and ice-skating needs, all whilst my coursework for English is supposed to be getting finished - it's been exhausting but hopefully worth it when I get a few days to relax at the end of the month.
 
Music-wise, at the moment I've been looooving a band called Circa Waves. I saw and met them a few weeks ago at the Haunt in Brighton which was great - they're an indie rock band and recently supported the Libertines which I missed (don't get me started on this again bc I will cry and I am not at all ashamed) and as well as producing some great music they're all beautiful... So yeah. We're winning from all angles here. You should have a listen.
 
 
 
 
Until next time, ta for reading and bye!
 
xxoxx
 

10 comments:

  1. Urrghh I'm uber jealous of you damnn!! Charlie is awesome. I love these photos, they look so cool in the parking lot and your shirt is perfect x
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlie is the boomb! Thank you Lexie :* xx

      Delete
  2. I like how you disappear for a bit and then slay the rest of us in, like, five minutes of your return. You look so cute in the parking lot and congrats and I envy your exciting life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youuu, you're too generous! you and your blog have been slaying me since day one. xx

      Delete
  3. aww that sounds like a really cool experience :)

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was lovely! thank you for commenting xx

      Delete
  4. This looks so cool Mattie! Love your outfit too xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey that's so cool - love charlie's so cool like x

    ReplyDelete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo