Sunday, 21 December 2014

made my way to the dancefloor and i danced 'til i wasn't drunk anymore


WHAT I WORE: Dress - New Look // Choker - made myself // Boots - Doc Martens // Ring - Old 





 This week has been the coldest in a long time. This week I thought I'd save you the trauma of looking at my more recent, very practical and not in the slightest bit aesthetically bearable outfits (ten thousand layers that clash horrifically and a blanket worn as a cape for added warmth). Instead I'm digging out some photos from an unpublished post I wrote in July, once again with blue-ish hair and some long-forgotten sun.

  I really like the 60s vibes of this dress, and I think the cross over front makes it still feel a little modern at the same time, which I like. Houndstooth always used to be a big no-go for me but since I saw this dress I've become obsessed with it - I'm now on the hunt for a nice a-line skirt in the same print, and I have my eye on some houndstooth shoes, too (sounds horrible but I promise they're nice)! I feel like the cross over, skort-esque front, as the dress is otherwise quite short, makes it a little more practical too.

  As you may have noticed, sadly the blue hair is no more - I'd never dyed my hair before this, so I thought dip dye was the way to go as if the worst came to the worst I could chop it off! Isy very kindly did it for me and I did hers at the same time - as the dye was only temporary (6-8 washes) it faded very quickly - it was originally very dark blue but soon turned into a pastel green which I weirdly quite liked! Later in the summer I also dyed the ends purple, which eventually faded into a red/ginger tint at the ends of my hair which is still very slightly there. For anyone interested I used this dye from Schwarzkopf which I do recommend, but it works a lot better on lightened hair!

Isy, Lydia and Cait who's outfits were beaut. I think their dresses were all Topshop?? 
 
Musically recently I've been rediscovering Lianne La Havas - I fell in love with her after listening to 'Is Your Love Big Enough?' a few years back and her debut album did not disappoint! Her voice is incredibly soulful and all of her harmonies are beautifully crafted. As usual my description is not doing her music justice, so here's a few of my favourite songs by her! 

**The title is a lyric from 'Is Your Love Big Enough?'**

 
 

 
 At the minute I feel like I'm in denial that Christmas is actually happening - I seem to be doing nothing but blogging about summer - catching up on lost time, I suppose. Usually I'm feeling festive from September onwards but this year it just doesn't seem to be happening! Maybe if I leave the house at some point this week there could be a more wintery/Christmassy post soon, but just in case there isn't, MERRY CHRISTMAS I love you all and make sure you eat your weight in chocolate coins and mince pies in the next few days. Enjoy!  <3 <3 <3

12 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog and I adore your blog header,it's just so perfect! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 60s vibes of that dress! I actually really like houndstooth print. The dip dye look so cute on you too! Can't believe we've been friends for a year! Have an amazing Christmas Mattie! xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youu! i knoow man it's crazy, aw it's been a good year! thank you gal, you too :* xx

      Delete
  3. Hope you enjoy your Christmas, bb girl. Your hair is amazing that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you khensani, you too! taa xxo

      Delete
  4. Stap being so gorgeous Mattie! Love this outfit, the print is so perfect and 60s. Lianne La Havas' voice is beautiful. Have you seen the acoustic version of No Room For Doubt that she did walking around Paris?! It's awesome, it was the first video I watched of her! I hope you have a fabulous Christmas!! xx
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh no man says you! thank you so much <3 it's stunning - i'd literally do anything to be able to sing like her! no i haven't, I'll look it up, ta! thank you lexie, you too! xx

      Delete
  5. ur outfit is soooo cute, plus u and ur friends are beautiful!! the same thing was happening to me about christmas, but i do hope it ended up feeling like christmas for u <3

    badsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you!! it sucks man, it was lovely in the end though, hope it was for you too! <3 xx

      Delete
  6. The dip dye looks great on you! I love the dress too, defiantly feeling the 60's vibes
    Vividlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I would kill to be alive in the 60s ahah xx

      Delete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo