Tuesday, 30 December 2014

we've been talking but talking's all we do


WHAT I WORE:
t-shirt: pull & bear // crop top (wore underneath t-shirt) : h&m // skirt: h&m // necklace: primark // socks: topshop // cardi: h&m // shoes: boohoo // watch: casio



 
 
 *I think a moment of appreciation is needed for my blogging dedication here - you have NO IDEA how cold I got taking these photos #stylebloggerproblems*
 
 Today's outfit was a trial run of the beauties that are these holographic shoes from Boohoo. I've been desperate to get my hands on some metallic shoes for ages, and so after an unsuccessful order of a vaguely similar Missguided pair, when I saw these in the Boohoo sale for £14 down from £30 I snapped them up.  At first I wasn't 100% on the fit of them, but for £14 I thought I'd be a fool to let them go. They make me feel like Kayla Hadlington, and for this alone I think they're worth the money!
 
 This Pull & Bear tee was another post-Christmas sale find - Christmas money and gift vouchers have meant that for the past few days I've been in sale shopping  h e a v e n. I picked this up in my lunch break at work at the weekend, and I am in love - I've been head over heels for anything made from mesh recently, and I am a big fan of this sport-style neckline, too. It's a little difficult to style because of its boxy shape but hopefully I should be able find a few more ways to wear it!
 
 This year Christmas has seemed to fly by, leaving just as quickly as it arrived. I actually had a really nice time - I spent the day with my sisters, parents and grandma, heading up to see my dad's side of the family the following day for our annual Boxing Day gathering. I was very kindly given a whole bunch of clothes/books/music by my family and friends - some people hate 'Christmas haul' type-posts, but my nosey self loves them so let me know if you'd like to see one from me!
 
The lyric is a title from Saint Raymond's 'I Want You' - we have it on the playlist at work so I've had it stuck in my head for weeks. I'm a big fan of his music - it's always insanely catchy!
 
 

That's all from me - hope you all have a fab new year! I'll see you soon, hopefully with a glitzy new year outfit post for you! Much love xox

30 comments:

  1. this outfit is my favourite ever omg! I'm obsessed with the mesh t-shirt and ur socks and shoes :O *dies* uGh just everything about this outfit has me heart-eyed! You should definitely post a Christmas haul because I'm also super nosy. x

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank youuuu!! ah gd gd i'll post one! this comment has made me so so happy, I have so much love for you!! <3 xx

      Delete
  2. YOUR SHOES. They're amazing. Love the top too. So glad you had a nice Chrismas, Happy New Year Mattie! <3 xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thank you so much!! 💘💘 you too xxo

      Delete
  3. love your outfit! especially the shoes omg *o* also love the music! and yes please post a christmas haul! happy new year!

    lost--at-sea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! aw yh I will do, and you too!! hope you Christmas was a faab one xxo

      Delete
  4. Love this outfit, especially those shoes they're gorgeous! Happy New Year! xo
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! you too, I hope you had a great one xx

      Delete
  5. absolutely in love with the socks and tshirt ♥ have a wonderful new year!
    mortem blonde

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your outfit is absolutely beautiful! Happy New Year xx

    missace99.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! happy new year to you too xx

      Delete
  7. Beautiful outfit! Do you take photos with a self-timer? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! usually i get my family or friends (whoever i'm with) to take my outfit photos xxox

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. thaaanks! they make me so happy haha xx

      Delete
  9. I love this top, I have been eyeing one off just like it.

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! you should go for it xx

      Delete
  10. I like this top very much, is very special!

    cccsfashion.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  11. your outfit is amazing, especially your shoess omg

    love, inés
    www.riotsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the outfit, esp the shoes and top are gorgeous. Lovely blog here btw! Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you.
    Happy New Year
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely outfit. I agree that Christmas came and went super quickly. I actually love Christmas haul posts too and would really like it if you did one! xx

    http://prettypassionsfinefashions.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! that's good to know, i'll try and do one! xx

      Delete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo