Tuesday, 20 January 2015

all i need is a substitute, maybe in the dark she'll look enough like you

WHAT I WORE:
top: urban outfitters // skirt: urban outfitters // cardigan: gap kids (boys section) // boots: doc martens // socks: nike // chain necklace: primark // bug necklace: jewelsy // wristband: fitbit // earrings: jewelsy //  mini skirt (under mesh): h&m

~ Outfit from family meal out last week ~
This top I got for Christmas from my parents, after eyeing it up in the shop for a good month and a half. I love polo/roll necks at the minute, but they don't tend to suit me - I like this as a high-necked alternative. This cardi was a proud find- £8 down from £30 in the GAP Kids boy's sale section, which is fast becoming a favourite of mine. At the moment I've tended to be drawn to lots of layers (the boxier and baggier the better), and this is now possibly the warmest thing I own, which is always a bonus!
 

I was going to wait until the weekend to post about this but I have no patience or will power, so guys THE VACCINES WERE INSANE. Lydia and I headed down straight after college, managing to get spaces at the barrier, right in the middle. The Concorde 2 is one of my all time favourite places to see music (the sound is hella good and it's the perfect size) and seeing them in such an intimate venue made the £50 a ticket we paid (!!!) worth it, 10000 times over. They played a good few new songs (all great), but the highlights of their set for me were definitely Wetsuit and Norgaard, two of my favourite songs - if you're yet to be acquainted with the Vaccines, I recommend having a listen to them both to start you off!  

As those of you that follow me on Instagram will know all too well by now, I was also lucky enough to meet the band before hand - we'd been watching Arni and Pete soundcheck for a while, trying and failing to keep our cool, only then to walk past them smoking outside. I did a complete double take  (I didn't expect to see them so made eye contact, panicked and walked back around the corner to recover before saying anything, trying to get my shit together to speak to them), but they were lovely despite how obviously in awe I was of the whole situation.
(I'd post a picture but it turned out a tad vile so I'll save your eyes!!)

Justin and Freddie then arrived, and despite being really late for sound check they waited and took photos with us. I hugged Freddie (!!!!!!!!!) and just about died (he's stupidly beautiful and the sweetest person. I was going to try and pretend I was all cool about the situation, but for someone who's tumblr URL was his name for over a year and who's most prized possession is his used guitar pick, I of course failed miserably).



Basically, I am forever in awe of these guys, and they lived up to expectations completely. I was one emotional mess of a girl (who am I kidding, I still am), and forgive me for such a self indulgent, fangirling post, but the Vaccines make me feel all the feelings and I couldn't not write this without it turning into some kind of word vomit, because ~favourite band~. 

The title is a lyric from Maybe in the Dark by the Crookes (I thought a Vaccines song might be overdoing it), which is another of my all time favourites and again, definitely worth listening to. Their very blunt lyrics remind me of Post Break Up Sex by the Vaccines, and they have a pretty similar indie-rock sound to them.


Before I lose the little dignity I have left, I'm going to call it a night... Have a good week x

24 comments:

  1. YOU'RE SO FREAKING LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    also that outfit is sooooo amazing and you're a bomb shell. I miss reading your posts so much!! Glad I'm back.

    http://sonjatitanic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so so happy omg and thank youuu!! aw sonja I've missed you gal, so happy you're back <3 <3 xoxo

      Delete
  2. I love your outfit so much it's crazy!!!!!! I am so happy for you and The Vaccines ♥
    mortem blonde

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy for you mattie!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute! I love your blog so much. I think it would be really cool if we were like blog friends (is that a thing?) and like exchange outfit ideas and stuff! I'll follow you and maybe you can follow me back?

    xoxo Leena
    www.painted-roses.com
    https://www.bloglovin.com/people/paintedroses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! i'll head over to yours xx

      Delete
  5. Mattie, you lucky sartorial wonder! Ugh, I literally always wanna cry after reading one of your music concert posts because I never get to run into things like this. And, yes, I am still very much here for this look on you.
    x
    www.glitterdaiquiri.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever find yourself in this part of the world, you have to visit me man and we can go hunt down some beautiful bands together!! <3 <3 Thank youuu x

      Delete
  6. love the outfit, and I wish I could pull off a side plait so well! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! ah no, your hair is forever and always my dream!! xx

      Delete
  7. Ahhhhhh you're so lucky!!!! Freddie is such a dream boat sigh.... :)

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your cardigan and skirt! xx
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. OUTFIT ON POINT <3 seriously dead cute, love the car park backing as well it looks really cool. Lucky you! So glad you had a good time xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lexi!! ahah it's my go-to place for when i've left it too late for daylight photos! xxx

      Delete
  10. I am so unbelievably jealous of you meeting Freddie! I was actually going to go to this gig too but I couldn't in the end as it was a school night haha! Love the outfit so muchh, the top is so perfect gahh xo
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh man that would've been amazing, we would've bumped into eachother!! story of my life I feel your pain - it was a slight battle with the parents! aw thank youuu xx

      Delete
  11. I love your top, it's so pretty! Definitely a great alternative if you don't think roll necks suit you!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo