Sunday, 18 January 2015

faithful words emblazoned on your sweater

WHAT I WORE: 
sweater: vintage // jeans - monki // necklace - primark // watch - casio // boots - dr martens // socks - nike  // earrings - jewelsy




I saw these jeans in on sale a little while back, and fell in love. Printed trousers are never something I've really dabbled in before, and their seeming ability to clash with nearly everything else I own has tended to put me off wearing them over the years, but I am a cat lady through and through so could not resist these beauties! They've been featuring heavily in my college wardrobe recently, and so at only £12 down from (roughly) £35, it's safe to say that I've been getting my money's worth.

This sweater is my go-to in bad weather, as its oversized fit makes it crazily comfy. My dad is half Australian, and my parents bought this when they lived over there. I'm yet to fly over and visit (fingers crossed for the next few years), but it feels nice to rep that 1/4 of my nationality/heritage when wearing it.


This title is a lyric from a Little Comets song, Jennifer, which, like all of their music, is insanely catchy. The band write guitar led indie-pop, and Cait and I have literally spent hours of our lives marvelling over their lyrics - how they manage to fit such complex and obscure words into their music so effortlessly without a trace of sounding even vaguely pretentious is beyond us!


And FINALLY...I don't know if any of you remember me writing in December 2013 about my far too intense love for the Vaccines, but to cut a long and  emotionally draining story short, I had a ticket to see them live at a Christmas gig that was being held by XFM, only for my parents to decided the night before that I couldn't go for ~safety~ reasons. (The night before!!!!! I cried three nights in a row woops). The Vaccines then of course disappeared off the face of the Earth for a year, taking a touring break. Last week, however, my dad surprised me with tickets to their sold out comeback Brighton show at the Concorde 2 (only a few hundred capacity say what)! I was over the moooon and have felt physically sick for the past 48 hours at the prospect of Lydia and I seeing them in such a small venue... Needless to say, next week's post will probably contain a five page ode to Freddie Cowan, so do keep your eyes peeled.

 On that note, have a good week, and here's hoping that I don't  die of over excitement in the next 24 hours!! Much love xx

10 comments:

  1. those pants are amazing and I am so happy for you for the vaccines concert!!!! something similar happened to me a few years back only that I never really had the chance to see the band I wanted.

    mortem blonde

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youu! ahh man it completely sucks, I feel your pain :( xxx

      Delete
  2. OHMYGOD UR SO LUCKY IM SO HAPPY FOR U THO, HAVE THE TIME OF UR LIFE BBY

    badsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! <2 <3 xx

      Delete
  3. Hope you had an amazing time Mattie!!! Obsessed with your jeans and sweater, also your hair looks so fab like that! <3 <3 <3

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much lexi!! it was the best, and thank youuu lovely xxx

      Delete
  4. ok i'm listening to the little comets right now and they're so good so thank you for the introduction! also your outfit is so nice, that jumper looks super warm and comfy man. i'm also really really happy for you for the vaccines concert, getting last minute tickets to see someone you love is literally the best feeling in the whole world!! x

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw im glad you like!! thank you thank you thank youuu gal,it so is!!! <3 xx

      Delete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo