Thursday, 30 April 2015

i'll just read a book instead, i don't care if we're just friends

WHAT I WORE:
polo neck - gap // necklace - vintage // bomber jacket - h&m // trousers - boohoo // watch - casio // boots - doc martens
**shout out to the space hopper hiding in our shed**

This outfit is a bit of a 'Mattie looks gross in photos but feels badass so oh well' situation, and features one of my all time favourite items of clothing, this cheetah-print bomber jacket from H&M. If you're someone I know irl you might recognise it - it's been surgically attached to me in the past month or so! I'm a complete and utter cat lady and so am in love with this print, and for £15 down from £40 in the sale it was a happy find. I've a soft spot for clashing prints, and so this is a favourite combination of mine - I will say though that it's a little less offensive to look at in real life! These trousers, though intensely unflattering, I've also been enjoying wearing recently - I've been after something in this AA inspired grid print for a good while, and I like them paired with a band t-shirt and fur collar. 

---------


The title is a lyric from 'Do-Wah-Doo', by one of my all-time favourite ladies in music, Kate Nash. I fell in love with her piano led, poppy and lyrically tongue-in-cheek debut album 'Made of Bricks' way back in 2007, and her progression into a more angsty, riot grrrl/garage sound over the past few years has conveniently grown with my own tastes & only made me love her more. Kate is also the mind behind the LA-based community Girl Gang, who post videos online as Girl Gang TV. Started up as a weekly meeting for like-minded woman hosted in her garage, Girl Gang, as Kate says, is for 'cool people that wanna make cool shit and change the world'. I think that pretty much sums her up - I'm basically just a big fan of her music and mindset, and would 100% recommend having a listen.

I've not really anything else of any interest to say - the past week has been a bit of an 'oh sh*t my final exams are in two weeks' blur, and my caffeine intake has trebled in a panic to memorize a year's worth of work in the few hours I have between eating/sleeping/college/work - and on that note, I have an English essay to write for first period tomorrow morning!! I hope you're all well and coping if you're also reaching exam season!!

xxxxx

26 comments:

  1. I love Kate Nash and that jacket and those leggings complete with the long plait look ultimately badass :) xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she's the best argh, and thank you!! xx

      Delete
  2. you make me want to grow my hair out again! nice post :)

    www.miriamwoodburn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm actually about it have it all chopped off haha! thank you xx

      Delete
  3. i love your outfit! "unflattering" clothes and clashing patterns are soo underrated!! kate nash is super cool as well, skeleton song is my favourite xx

    http://daisychainsforever.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! i'm a big fan of a good clash, and ah yas she's a babe!!xx

      Delete
    2. ((I love that song as well, her first album is the bomb))

      Delete
  4. Bomber is gorgeous and such a Mattie piece <3 Loving the side braid and good luck with your exams hun! xo

    Lexi Likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youuu!!! god I need it haha, thanks gal :* xx

      Delete
  5. I love your grid pants!
    Great outfit because its so bad that it looks so good (ΦωΦ)
    Also I read your about me- you do so much things for a 17 yr old! Keep it up because being productive is good. I wish the best for your blog and now your reader's list yay
    everlastingpure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! ahaha that's what I was hoping, and aw thank you! I try to keep busy xx

      Delete
  6. Amazing outfit! Love a bit of Kate Nash as well!

    littleladyzahra.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your outfit, also, good luck with your exams!
    x Inés
    www.riotsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that bomber jacket - it's got so much character!

    Pop on over | Rachael Styles Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! it's my favourite x

      Delete
  9. such a cool outfit, especially love the jacket!

    londonandcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've missed your blog and these posts! I lovee your outfit and Kate Nash is such a babe- I used to jam to Foundations big time. Hope your exams went well! xo
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Lexie, I've missed yours too!! Kate Nash is my favourite, I had that song on repeat for years!! Thank youu, you too! Good luck for results & all xxx

      Delete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo