Tuesday, 14 April 2015

you're simpatico, & of all the lifts home & all the mixed feelings

 
WHAT I WORE:
sweater: pull and bear // necklace: vintage // shirt: gap // jeans: east end thrift store // socks: topshop // shoes: truffle @ asos // earrings: claire's accessories // ring: h&m
 
 
Very recently I've been really drawn to more androgynous shapes: rolled up, boxy trousers and well cut shirts, with chunky shoes. I feel like there's something a quite empowering about wearing such shapeless or less conventionally 'feminine' pieces: I like the maybe-i-care, maybe-i-don't kinda vibes they give off, and the change from my usual short skirt tendencies. This outfit was more of a modern, laid back alternative to what could be quite a crisp look - I like the 90s touches the printed sweater and teal shirt give. I found this sweatshirt in Pull and Bear, and fell in love - the intricate illustrations I think are quite unusual on a traditionally sporty piece, which I'm a fan of.
Anyways,

//  NEW ROOM VIBES //
Long time no see! This month has been the busiest in a long while; as well as having to move house twice (#divorcelife) and get used to splitting my time between my parents, the run up to exams has started and I am freeeaking. I've also recently finalised my courses for next year - I'm dropping Sociology and continuing English Literature, Modern History and Politics, as well as picking up a new, non-qualification Current Affairs course. It's all a little daunting and the stress of having our exams less than a month away is beginning to kick in...it's safe to say that my social life in the next month or so is going to be less than flourishing!!


The title is a lyric from Kathleen by Catfish and the Bottlemen. I have stacks of love for these guys - they actually played the festival I worked at last summer but as I hadn't yet heard of them I MISSED THEIR SET. They've quickly become one of my favourite bands, and so I'm eternally furious with July-2014 Mattie for missing them. The same happened that weekend with Circa Waves and Peace - this year I'm determined not to let it happen again, so there'll no doubt be a fair amount of line-up research! Their debut album is one I've had on repeat for months, and there is not a dud song in sight. A description of mine is not going to do them justice, so I reckon y'all should just have a listen, if you haven't already. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.


On one final note, you guys I saw the babes that are the Vaccines again on Easter Sunday!! We managed to get barrier again and I swear to god they make me happy like nothing else. Freddie came to the barrier a couple of times and played whilst Lyds and I hugged him, until security took him away...it was a good night, a good night. I have so much love for them.

Hope you had a good Easter!! xoxox
 

24 comments:

  1. The illustrations on the jumper are beautiful! Hope you're doing okay with the new houses. Love Catfish and the Bottlemen. I'm proud to say I saw them last summer <3 Love your new room too!

    <a href="http://www.lexilikes.com/>www.lexilikes.com</a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youuu lexi it means a lot man, and ahh you lucky thing, they're my favourites!!! thank you, and expect an email from me sooon xx

      Delete
  2. Ahh coolio, Vaccines! Also, awesome bedroom wall. (is that a Jake Bugg poster in there?) :) xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're my favourites argh, and thank you!! ahaha it is indeed, i still like him now but a couple of years ago i was full on obsessed. xxx

      Delete
  3. congrats on getting the setlist (!!) at that concert. i love the illustrations on your sweater, and that whole boxy mens-wear-ish silhouette.

    // kani
    velveteenstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahah ta, it's pinned v proudly right in the middle of my wall now, & thank you!! xx

      Delete
  4. I am in love with your style! I'm so envious of how you seamlessly pull off the androgynous look. I agree, it certainly is empowering and I can't quite put my finger on why that is. I hope you're dealing well with the new changes; good luck to you for exam month! I'm stuck in the same situation. Otherwise, The Vaccines is one heck of a motivator! Your Easter Sunday easily surpasses everyone else's, I'll say.
    Also I'm a bit late on this, but thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! I'm glad I found yours through it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much!! it means a lot, and ty ahaha god i need all the luck i can get!! you too :* they honestly make me so, so happy argh <3 no worries! i hope you enjoy it xx

      Delete
  5. I love your walls!!! And oh my god, the vaccines, I'm going to cry I'm so jealous. I need them to come to Los Angeles but they haven't been since like 2013 and that was the last time I saw them (which wasn't even in LA, it was in dublin!). I am eternally jealous that you were at the barricade/got the setlist/have seen them recently!!!
    xx alyssa
    visionsofnyc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youu!! argh i get so happy/excited/nauseous thinking about it, i hope you get to see them again soon!!! their new stuff is incredible live. aww man, i'm eternally jealous of your coachella trip too so we're evens ahaha xx

      Delete
  6. I love love love your outfit! And I totally get what you mean about the empowering nature of more androgynous style.
    Dreamyyy post
    Bella x
    http://sincerelyisabella.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you!! it's so good man xo

      Delete
  7. I heart this outfit so much dude, it like inspired me to go out and buy boxy trousers yesterday! You're so right re: the empowering feeling a more androgynous style gives off/you. I listened to Catfish and the Bottlemen like once, and I totally forgot about them and their music, but I loved 'Kathleen' so I'm just gonna binge listen to them this weekend so thanks for reminding me of their bomb ass music! Also congrats on getting the setlist, man! x

    vogueescapade.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww that makes me so happy, ty!! they're the greatest, I hope you enjoy em and aw taaa gal xo

      Delete
  8. I love this outfit, those jeans look awesome on you! Love the East End Thrift Store. I need to check out Catfish, my friend has been obsessed with them for ages! x
    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! i've only been once but i'm such a fan, and ah yes you so should do, they've the bomb xx

      Delete
  9. I feel the same way about dressing in more androgynous silhouettes! I think it's cool to look like you're not trying to be cool, ya know?

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the look, and you're so pretty.
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so on point. Your room is on point. Your being is on point. I'm so happy you got to see the Vaccines. Unreal though. You're seriously the realist. Love you, girl. CANT WAIT FOR YOUR LETTER EEP ADKFALI

    www.thejuiceboxqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kennaaa you are the best ty, everything right back at ya!! thank you argh i love them so much and NEITHER!!! love you too gal xo

      Delete
  12. I love your jumper!! and love catfish and the bottlemen too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! they're the booomb xo

      Delete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo