Wednesday, 24 June 2015

dance to stevie wonder, my broken hearted teenage brother

WHAT I WORE:
shirt: to be worn again (thrifted) // skirt: h&m // mesh tee: gap // crop top (under mesh tee): h&m // boots: river island // tote bag: ella masters studio // necklace: vintage // watch: casio //
 
(Apologies for the terrible camera quality, Blogger is being difficult <////3 )
 
 
The weather in England is infuriatingly unpredictable, and living near the sea means that even the sunniest of days can turn windy & cold in a matter of minutes. Outfit-wise, for these reasons in the past couple of weeks I've gravitated towards lots of light layers, with this GAP mesh jumper over crop tops being the favourite! The plaid shirt has always & will always be my spring/summer go-to cover up also.
 
This bag is from the lovely Ella's store - I'd been reading her blog and loving her illustrations for years before I finally caved in and ordered some of her work a few weeks ago! I love being able to wear her art & 'the future holds great things' is a sweet 'lil thing to read every few hours. 
 
 
 
The title is a lyric from 'Weekends' by The Jacques - hailing from Bristol & recently signing to Gary Powell's label, 25 Hour Convenience Store, I discovered these guys during a late night Spotify trawl (that 'discover' page can be a godsend) & instantly fell in love. Their sound is very reminiscent of the Libertines (signing with their very own Powell was always going to kick-start comparisons) & is definitely worth a listen to.
 
On another note, hey exams are over!! I hope that any of you that sat exams survived & are feeling good about things. I think mine went okay but at this point I'm a little unsure as to what my 'okay' even is - I don't have the faintest idea as to what will be in my envelope on results day! I've been trying not to dwell on it all too much but as college has got us drafting our personal statements for university applications, it's not the easiest to ignore. I've actually got my first university open day this Saturday - I'll be heading up to Newcastle, which I'm excited about! As well as looking around the Uni itself, I really want to get a feel for the rest of the city too, so if you know the area then I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations, food/sightseeing-wise.
 
 These photos were taken after seeing the beyond lovely Mia of Teenage Beauty Blog, who I finally got to meet last weekend! I'd never actually met any blogging/internet friends irl before, and so meeting Mia came with a nice moment of reassurance & realisation that you are all!! real!! people!! & just as lovely in person. I think part of me has always been a little nervous to meet blogging friends in real life, as so many of you I count as genuinely close friends & moving that friendship face to face is scary, you know?? This summer though I'm determined to meet as many of you as possible, so HEY if you're ever in Brighton/Sussex & want a tour guide/shopping partner/coffee companion then hit me up & lets make it happen!
 
And finally, for those of you that don't follow me on twitter/instagram etc, I cut & dyed my hair red/purple ay! This is actually a good few weeks into being dyed so it was originally a lot darker/brighter than this & it's already in need of a trim, but yeah. That's a thing.
 
xxx  
 

24 comments:

  1. I love your outfit, Mattie, your bag is the cutest also those boots are so badass! I'm so excited to see your new 'do on your blog, I'm so in love with it! I want to copy and paste it onto my head, literally science needs to get on that quick. Although it would never look half as beauteous on me as it does on you. I always imagine meeting internet friends which fills me with nerves and excitement, but, man, it would be beyond unbelievable to meet you. That's the goal, man.

    vogueescapade.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank youuu, you always cheer me up so much!! Please don't even start because if I could swap hair with you, I would in a heartbeat. YES that would be amazing - if you're ever in England please let me know, & if I visit any family over near you I will 100% take a detour to wherever you are man!<3 xx

      Delete
  2. your new hair cut is the cutest!!! I'm so obsessed with it and your bag, wishing you the best with your exam results

    badsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh your hair is so beaut!! I'm always so tempted to dye my hair but I feel like there's a 99.999% chance of me fucking it up in some irreversible way haha xx

    http://queeenpriscilla.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you!! ahh you should go for it if it's what you wanna do, i just had to keep reminding myself that it can grow back if need be haha! xxx

      Delete
  4. you. look. awesome. the outfit, the hair, you've inspired me to look for a cool tote bag...and congrats on finishing exams! enjoy your uni open day :-) x

    daisychainsforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Bethany!! you too gal, & thanks! :* xx

      Delete
  5. wow! i love this...what a stellar outfit
    good job on finishing exams!!!
    bella xx
    http://bodypositiveclub.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flannel and shoes <3 And your new hair is GORGEOUS. We have to finally get together this summer! x

    LEXI LIKES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you lexi!! yesss we so do, next email lets get planning! xx

      Delete
  7. The first thing I noticed was the hair change and girl do I love it!! You are seriously my fashion icnon- I get excited whenever I see you have a new post. Have a fabulous holiday- hooray for the end of exams x

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank youuuu!! you are too kind, thank you for reading & appreciating my blog gal, this was the loveliest comment to read!! thank youu xx

      Delete
  8. Ah your hair is gorgeous as is your bag and really just your whole outfit! Congratulations on completing your exams and I hope you have an amazing Summer! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youuuu lovely, you too! :** xx

      Delete
  9. I love your hair! Suits you so well omg x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks amazing like that, and I love your bag!
    x inés
    www.riotsandroses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That tote is gorgeous! Always nice to have positive messages embedded within your possessions :)
    As for Internet friends, they're one of the best things blogging has to offer. Especially since it sounds like you have so many in your area, that's amazing! Here's to all the new blog friendships you will have, they're excellent without a doubt x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are 100% right, they're by far my favourite thing about blogging! i'm forever grateful for the friends this blog has found me, and yes here's to plenty more! xx

      Delete
  12. love love love your outfit! and yay for exams being over too! x

    ReplyDelete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo