Saturday, 4 July 2015

don't waste away, the feelings that we have remain / it tastes the same, daffodil days

WHAT I WORE:
crop top: h&m // shirt: to be worn again (thrifted) // shorts: new look // boots: river island // sunglasses: new look // watch: casio // necklace: vintage



It has been SO. HOT. in Brighton recently, and so I've pretty much been wearing variations of this outfit and nothing else...Tights included. It takes some extreme weather to make me part with them! These shorts are the comfiest thing to ever exist, and the shirt has been a lifesaver in this sunny weather - I usually wear it as a light 'lil cover-up like this or just buttoned up as a dress for when I'm feeling lazy (which is most days).


Lately I've actually been pretty busy - last weekend my mum and I took the train up to Newcastle for a Uni open day, which was amazing. I fell in love with the course and campus there - I'm planning on doing Politics and Sociology joint honours - and it's filled me with motivation to work my butt off for next year. All the Universities that I really like the look of - Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle etc - typically require preeetty high grades, so expect to see literally none of me for the next academic year!

 I've also been working a good bit. I don't think I've ever properly talked about my jobs on here, but I work at a baby clothes shop in town which I love, and then I also do volunteer work at a Brighton based music studios & radio station with the babe that is Caitlin. Usually I work once a week there but I did a few shifts last week - covering for people who were at Glastonbury, of course *sighs* -& it made me realize how lucky I am to have somewhere/something so different and interesting compared to the rest of me life (college etc). I've been working there for 7ish months now and have met the loveliest, most eclectic group of people (a good few of whom are like a second family to Cait and I) and have had both the best and strangest experiences. We stumbled across this place after a quick google of voluntary jobs in our area & SO NEARLY didn't get in touch - even after our first visit we very nearly didn't come back as we felt so out of our depth, but I am forever glad that we did. What I'm trying to get at in this emosh lil rant is that if you are reading this, I urge you to go and put yourself out of your comfort zone and try something new as you never know what will come of it :)))) (cute)


I'll leave you on that happy note, hope you all have a killer week and survive in this insane heat if you're in the UK (lol it's not even that hot on a real world scale, I'm just used to living in an ice cube) xxxxx

**title is a lyric from 'Daffodil Days' by the king of summery, low-fi bedroom pop jams, Oscar . the video is also a beauty! **

24 comments:

  1. Love the print of that shirt. Your job sounds amazing! Really like Daffodil Days. It has this great teen nostalgia/reflection vibe <3 x

    LEXI LIKES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youu! he's so good, and i know exactly what you mean! he's my favourite for summery evenings, so chill. xx

      Delete
  2. That shirt is utterly amazing as is your outfit! And I think It's so cool how you want to study politics and sociology, I want to go on to do either journalism or politics! x
    fashionismyfirstlanguage.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! i'm so excited ah, politics is my favourite - that sounds amazing, good luck gal!! xx

      Delete
  3. If you think England in the summer can get hot, just wait until you see a heatwave in Australia where it can reach 40+ degrees haha. Your jobs sound amazing and I wish we had a diverse selection of universities here in Australia. All the best to get into the course and uni you want. Love the outfit x

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh that's boiling, i couldn't cope!! i'm thinking of coming over in my gap year, it'll take some getting used to! thank youuu lovely xx

      Delete
  4. your shirt is ace and ahh I love Oscar! been raving about him for months trying to find another fan, so glad u like him! daffodil days is such a rad song and video x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youuu, he's amazing ah same!! the video is the greatest xx

      Delete
  5. That shirt is really quirky, I love the dragon design! I'm glad you're enjoying your jobs & good luck with uni :)

    www.elevatorbrain.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i literally wear nothing else!! aw thank you xx

      Delete
  6. gal that shirt is sick!! I love it when big shirts can be turned into dresses it's so convenient:)) Also let's be real this heat has been no joke- I've become such a weakling when it comes to heat haha & stayed inside sipping ice tea like an invalid
    + your job sounds incred and I am so jealous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youuu! yes i knoow haha so easy, and ah god tell me about it!! literally everything takes 17982697 times longer...ice tea inside is the way forward!! aw man, it's so fun - you should go for it & have a hunt around for similar things near you!! xx

      Delete
  7. Awesome, awesome shirt! And cool to know you're interested in politics! :) xoxo

    www.thelittleenigma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU ARE THE ABSOLUTE CUTEST, PEN PAL. Your letter is in the mail so expect to see some post soon. *hugs* I love that outfit, sigh. Cutie.

    www.thejuiceboxqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank youuuuuu ken & ah i can't wait!! YOU BABE xxxx

      Delete
  9. Hi. Me again. I didn't realize that shirt had DRAGONS on it. Okay. That is all.

    www.thejuiceboxqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahaha omg i know, 99% of the reason i bought it!! xx

      Delete
  10. Ah I luv your shirt, I'm currently wearing my hawaiian shirt from To Be Worn Again haha! Your job sounds rad omg! xo
    www.lexiealexandra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youuu, that place is my saviour!! aw it's my favourite <3 xx

      Delete
  11. DUDE GO YOU. When people get excited for Uni I get so excited BECAUSE IT'S SO EXCITING!!!! That sounds like a killer program and I'm like, SO EXCITED FOR YOU. I know what you mean about pretty much being a ghost for the next year, that's what happened to me this year, but I believe in you to be able to balance it all more than I could lol. Anyways, this out it killer, you're killer.

    sonjatitanic.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is so exciting!!!!! thank youuu sonja i've missed you!!! xx

      Delete
  12. Unbeknownst to me until now, you are in fact wearing the shirt of my daydreams. Dragons, thrifted, oversized, I just shed a tear. I'm so excited for you re: Uni, man! My mother would love if I had your pro-active attitude towards my ~future~.

    vogueescapade.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i saw it on an outside rail walking past the shop & fell in love, dragons are my faaaave!! thank you! omg don't even, this last year has been a bit of a slump academically, this motivation is long overdue!! xx

      Delete

thank y'all for any comments, i'm full of love for you and reply to everything so be sure to check back. xxo